Make a Prominent Impact on Health Equity
The Dermatology Foundation is pleased to introduce this new mid-career award that is intended to support the work of outstanding investigators with an established trajectory of excellence in basic, clinical, or translational science. The supported research projects are expected to yield novel results that expand the understanding of dermatological issues impacting underrepresented or underserved groups in medicine.
Applications will be accepted beginning September 15 and are due on or before December 1. Watch this space for additional application details.
Know Before You Apply
All Foundation-funded research must be conducted in the U.S. under the sponsorship of a department/division of dermatology that is ACGME-approved for training in dermatology. Applicants must meet the DF’s general eligibility requirements, in addition to award-specific requirements presented on or before the time of funding. Applicants from minority populations are encouraged to apply.
The DF encourages applications concerning health issues impacting applicants from minority populations, including, but not limited to, racial minorities, sexual ¬ gender/LGBTQ minorities, and underserved/disadvantaged populations.
Sanofi – Regeneron Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mid-Career Award FAQs
Am I eligible?
If you meet all of the requirements below, you may be eligible to apply for the Sanofi-Regeneron Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mid-Career Award.
- Proposed project must address an issue impacting groups underrepresented or underserved in medicine
- Strong demonstrated commitment to research
- At least 75% of their time is committed to research
- Appropriate training and experience in relevant research
- Faculty appointment in an accredited dermatology department/division, within 12 years of appointment as an Assistant Professor (as of January 1, 2024)
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to research in aspects of dermatology related to psoriasis
- M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; D.O.; or Ph.D. degree
- Research aims are unique to this award
- Cannot hold other DF support at the time of funding (CDA-Yr3 recipients may apply)
How do I apply for a Sanofi-Regeneron Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mid-Career Award?
The DF is now accepting applications via our Mid-Career Research Award Portal. The Applicant Instructions provided below include essential information potential applicants need to know to evaluate the various award opportunities and develop a successful application and research proposal. The DF has also prepared a Quick Reference Guide to enable users to quickly acclimate to the online application system.
Application deadline: December 1, 2023