Amplify Your Work with the 2023 Bristol Myers Squibb Psoriasis Research Award
The Dermatology Foundation is pleased to offer a new research award made possible by a generous contribution from Bristol Myers Squibb. Developed specifically for the outstanding mid-career investigators, the Foundation welcomes award applications for basic, clinical or translational research that would advance aspects of dermatology related to psoriasis. It is the expectation that Bristol Myers Squibb award applicants are actively pursuing “R” funding to further their research and academic careers in dermatology.
Applications are due via the Mid-Career Research Award Portal on or before December 15.
Know Before You Apply
All Foundation-funded research must be conducted in the U.S. under the sponsorship of a department/division of dermatology that is ACGME-approved for training in dermatology. Applicants must meet the DF’s general eligibility requirements, in addition to award-specific requirements presented on or before the time of funding. Applicants from minority populations are encouraged to apply.
The DF encourages applications concerning health issues impacting applicants from minority populations, including, but not limited to, racial minorities, sexual ¬ gender/LGBTQ minorities, and underserved/disadvantaged populations.
Bristol Myers Squibb Psoriasis Research Award FAQs
Am I eligible?
If you meet all of the requirements below, you may be eligible to apply for the Bristol Myers Squibb Psoriasis Research Award.
- Strong demonstrated commitment to research
- At least 75% of their time is committed to research
- Appropriate training and experience in relevant research
- Faculty appointment in an accredited dermatology department/division, within 10 years of appointment as an Assistant Professor (as of January 1, 2023)
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to research in aspects of dermatology related to psoriasis
- M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; D.O.; or Ph.D. degree
- Research aims are unique to this award
- Cannot hold other DF support at the time of funding (CDA-Yr3 recipients may apply)
How do I apply for a Bristol Myers Squibb Psoriasis Research Award?
The DF is now accepting applications for this new award via the Mid-Career Research Award Portal. The Applicant Instructions provided below include essential information potential applicants need to know to develop a successful application and research proposal. The DF has also prepared a Quick Reference Guide to enable users to quickly acclimate to the online application system.
Application deadline: December 15, 2022